Published: May 16, 2020
No matter what stage you are at in the writing projects, there are more resources online the ever. Conferences that formerly would have required travel and hotel expenses are now being staged virtually. Many organizations have put classes online, giving writers unprecedented access to top-notch instruction from the comfort of their home. There has never been a better time to discover new opportunities that will help you reach your writing and/or publishing goals.
- Poets and Writers has a compilation of resources, including financial, for writers.
- The Author’s Guild offers free seminars, including one on How to Use Zoom for a virtual book tour
- Scroll down on the home page of at Wordcrafters to see their list of online classes, including short workshops (Day Writing, anyone?) as well as a nine-month Fiction Fluency Seminar with Eric Witchey.
- Willamette Writers offers most chapters meetings as virtual events now, and will host its annual summer conference online.
- This is a good time to delve into polishing your social media presence, even if it’s just finding some online groups and joining them. If you’re interested in learning more about that, or organizing your book marketing materials download our marketing guide.
- And of course, if you want to check in about publishing options, schedule a consultation with me.